Friday, January 24, 2014

Poetry Prompt

This was from my very first poetry club meeting at my school. The prompt was to write, from the perspective of a building, some sort of memory that we have. I chose to write from the perspective of my church at home, and it sort of goes through my life.

She was so innocent and sweet
Her curls bounced as she danced into my doors
And I embraced her with my warmth
The worship swelled and she looked up to me in awe
And my stained glass windows winked back at her

She was a lot older now
Her sassy attitude permeated the outside
But as soon as she entered my walls
I comforted her
My familiarity made her smile
And as her hands went up and her mouth opened
I smiled in return
She wasn't really as terrible as she thought she was

She was ready to go out on her own
But I wasn't ready to let her
The others gathered around her in prayer
And I wept for her
She was mine
All mine
But as she walked to my doors, ready to leave
She smiled
See you soon
She said
And those were the words I needed to let her go

No comments:

Post a Comment