I am a lover
My heart beats fast at the thought
Of books and TV
Stars on the big screen
I am obsessor over personalities
Though my humor may be dry
And my words unforgiving
My soul screams for relationships
Friends, mentors, a family, a team
I am also a writer
If that wasn't obvious enough
Pen to paper, filling spaces
Ideas flowing, mind speeding
Faster than my pen can write
I live for scratches over words that just
Weren't good enough
And huge capital letters
Shocking readers
I am a free spirit
I long to travel and to learn
And not learn at a desk
With a laptop searing into my eyes
All to bright no matter how dim
I make it
I long to reach out of my jaded lifestyle
So much so that every time
I pass an airport, train station, or bus stop
I must hold myself back
From buying a one-way ticket
Out of this stupid, small place
No comments:
Post a Comment