I am a size zero
Look in any plus-sized section at
Forever 21 or Macy's and you'll see
I am a size zero
I am also a size fifteen
Or sometimes a size thirteen
And I have one pair of size seventeen pants
Hanging at the back of my closet
And honestly my size depends
On what form of voodoo magic
You're using as a reference
But what does it matter what size I am?
In a universe with a Creator
That breathes balls a fire
Ten times as big as the Empire State Building
Why does it matter what number adorns
The inside of my pants or what society
Thinks of it
Because you see I've realized something
In my 18 years of life
Worth is not a size
And my worth does not come
From that zero
Or seventeen
Or fifty-two
That the tag on my clothes says
But my worth comes from the one who
Made me, plain and true
And my Abba Father is perfection
The embodiment and definition
And if I regard myself as anything less
What does that say about Him?
And I have learned that
The worth of a masterpiece
A masterpiece like me
Is not dependent on the majority's perception
For how often was greatness scoffed at?
But the worth of a masterpiece
A masterpiece like me
Is found in the ability to
Say something important
Communicate love
Pursue truth
And I have learned
That I do
Have something to say
To all of you
That your freckles are like constellations
Proof that you've enjoyed the sun
And your skin is tinted
With all the colors of the universe
Rolled into one
Your hair is perfect
Exactly the way it is
And no matter what
You are beautiful
You are worthy
And the truth is
It doesn't matter what sixe you are
Your size will definitely change
Your story, that's what matters
And it's beautiful
Trust me, it is
No comments:
Post a Comment