Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Purpose: Rambling

So maybe this blog won't be mostly finished poems, but that's okay. I like the rambling ones just as much as the finished ones anyway.
I have never felt more free
Than when my mind is not on my problems
But on the words of a song
My body moving to the beat effortlessly
And I have never felt more me
Than when I am deep in worship
Hands raised, eyes closed
Focused not on myself
But on the one who created all things
And I have never felt more alive
Than when I am out in the city
Lights blinding, feet moving
People passing me
Each person has a story
I want to know that story
My freedom
My identity
My life
My purpose
You see it doesn't come from me
From my desires or loves
But comes from the opportunities I have
To please my precious God
And I have found that God is pleased
In places you don't expect
And I found God in the most desolute places
The most mysterious of phases
My most ugly, broken, torn-up spaces
Because my God can not fit
In church on a Sunday Morning
Or Kaleo on a Wednesday Night
My God is okay with doubts
With fears
With late nights in unfamiliar cities
My God encourages exploration
 My God gave me a voice to speak
And courage to speak out
He gave me a heart that breaks
For those without
And my God gave me a message
With his son's shed blood
The one that ate with prostitutes
Walked with tax collectors
 And most of all
Showed love
So shouldn't we be the same?
Feel freedom in our call
To love those rough around the edges
And all of those that fall
I have never felt more free
Or myself
Or alive
Than when I realized that Jesus came
Not only for the pharisees
Or the church lady down the street
Jesus came for me
And all whom I meet

No comments:

Post a Comment